Su Doku Assist
A comprehensive application to assist the
user with the puzzle craze sweeping the world. Su Doku Assist V1.02 has
the following features -
- Grids available - 9 x 9 and 15 x 15
- Blank the grid to copy a puzzle from a
magazine or newspaper
- When done, lock it and then attempt to
- Use the Assist tools, if needed.
- The assist solve is available in three
power steps -
- Mild Attack (Only logic applied)
- Brute Force (a combination Mild Attack
and a level or two of guesswork)
- Number Crunch (Need-based Evolutionary
guessing) - Only 1 use in a 24 hour period while evaluating.
- Additionally, use the 'Check for
Single Candidate' and 'Check Next' icons to show the next correct
entry. Only 10 'Check Next' uses allowed in a 24 hour period while
- Store incomplete attempts and retrieve
- Store completed puzzles in your database
- Create a text file of a puzzle to send
to your friends and relatives.
- Import a text file with a single puzzle
- Import a batch of about 50 puzzles (with single solution) posted
on the Su DoKu Assist web page on a monthly basis. This facility is
available for registered users.
- Create your very own Su Doku
puzzle. The 'Create My Sudoku'
screen will assist you in creating your own puzzle. For many this is
more fun than solving a readymade puzzle. You will have to follow the
guidelines or methods as per the many commercially available or free ware
sites (or books). Only one hour in a 24 hour period of 'Create My Su
Doku' is allowed while evaluating.
- Use the computer to generate an
innumerable variety of 9 x 9 or 15 x 15 grids. The computer generated
puzzles may have more than one solution. The default puzzles and the
puzzles in the batch files have unique solutions.
- Print the puzzle with a scratchpad at
the bottom of the grid for rough work.
Three 'Visual Aids' are provided
- Color all occurrences of the selected
- Show possible candidates of a cell in a
box in each selected cell.
- Show possible candidates of the current
cell in a panel at the bottom of the grid.
Experimental Run -
The user may experiment with a certain
'line of thought' while retaining the current state in a store. This is
done by invoking the 'Start an experimental run' feature. If the entries
are correct, the user can confirm the run or if not, reject it and start over
from the last correct state.
The status bar shows the time taken for
solving or creating. It also provides feedback such as error messages or
reasons for the 'Assist Solve' process.
Batch of Puzzles Files
Home ( Top of